1. Be polite and use language appropriate for a school setting.
2. Do not use another person's account, or give out your password.
3. Do not reveal the home address or phone number or last name of yourself or others.
4. Do not write anything you would not want to read in the newspaper. You waive the right to privacy. The school district has the right to review any material on school computers.
5. Do not seek out inappropriate material. If, by accident, you come across inappropriate material, it is your responsibility to immediately let the person in charge know about it.
6. Do not destroy data, hardware or software (including the uploading or creation of computer viruses).
7. Do not install unauthorized copyrighted software.
8. Your use of the Internet is for educational purposes only.
9. The school is not liable for damage, including viruses caused by school computers. The school does not guarantee that all services and programs will be available at all times. The school network may be unavailable at times because of holidays, school functions or maintenance.
10. All the rules of Seattle School District apply.
I have read the rules about how to use the Internet and I agree to follow them. I understand if I break the rules I may lose my privilege to use the Internet.
__________________________________ _______ Student signature Room _________________ Date
School Staff Member
I have read the Internet Access Agreement and agree to review this agreement with the students. As the sponsoring staff member, I agree to instruct the students on acceptable use of the network.
__________________________________ ________ Staff signature Date
Parent or Guardian
I have read the above Internet Access Agreement. I acknowledge and agree to the conditions set forth in these documents.
I recognize and accept that the Seattle School District, and its employees and agents, cannot guarantee that my child's access to the network will not include exposure to adult and/or otherwise offensive material. In consideration for the privilege of my student using the Seattle School Internet service and in consideration for having access to the Internet, I hereby release the Seattle School District, its officials, employees, and agents, and any institutions with which they are affiliated from any and all claims and damages of any nature arising from my student's use, or inability to use the Internet.
I will accept responsibility for monitoring my child's use of the Seattle Schools Internet network if and when my child's use is not in a school setting.
I certify that the information contained on this form is correct.
_____________________________________________ Parent/Guardian name (printed) _______________________________ _____________ Address Home Phone # _______________________________ _____________ Work Phone # _______________________________ _____________ Parent/Guardian signature Date